Thursday, March 29, 2007

Big fish in the park pond and reading babies!


Kids have the wildest of imaginations! A couple of weeks ago my ds2 mentioned seeing a black whale fin in the playground pond and a dead shark! Later, he said, the whale was taken away in a red boat. (Could it have anything to do with this post over at educatingthemuslimchild?) Hmmmmm...

This week they had seen big cars, a fleeing woman and gunfire!!! Boys! To me they were like yes, yes it's true, but when hubby found out..... ds1 says no, I never saw that! And they got a speech about liars, lol!

I've seen these videos on Youtube, about reading babies (!!) and quickly made some flashcards with Arabic words to test on my kids (I always start with Arabic, it is afterall said to be one of the four toughest languages of the world to learn). They were meant to have yellow background (I've read it's good for memorisation), but the yellow in my printer got used up half-way through....

No comments: